Why choosing an inexperienced Phoenix realtor can be the biggest mistake you ever made
How to choose a Phoenix Realtor (For buyers and sellers)
Real Estate transactions and the involvement of realtors differ from country to country. Firstly, it is a mistake to think that real estate in Phoenix works like it does in your own country. In Brazil or Europe for example, you do not have a system like the MLS (Multiple Listing System) in which all Phoenix realtors upload their listings for everyone to see. So unlike most other countries, where different agents have access to different properties, in Phoenix all agents can see and offer you the exact same properties. This does not mean however, that you will get the same advice from each agent in Phoenix. The fact that each Phoenix realtor has access to the same properties does not take away from the fact that you need to screen them on experience and knowledge.
We summed up the pitfalls of picking the wrong agent and we explain how to pick the right one!
The 10 biggest mistakes when choosing a Phoenix realtor
- Choosing a friend or a family member as your realtor just to do them a favor (do yourself a favor instead!)
- Selecting an agent without experience or a track record or someone who does this besides his or her main job. HINT: Avoid agents who say: I can sell you a home, manage it, renovate it and and broker your mortgage. You have heard the term: A jack of all trades and a master of none!
- Selecting an agent without any negotiating power (a popular technique seen in agents who just want to get the deal done and to move on).
- Selecting an agent without knowledge of the condo or neighborhood in which you want to buy or which you are selling.
- Selecting an agent who doesn’t know the market numbers and therefore cannot compare neighborhoods, streets or condos with one another nor does he/she know when you are overpaying for a property OR when you are selling it below market value.
- Selecting an agent who doesn’t know what questions to ask or what pitfalls to look for when purchasing a property.
- Selecting an agent whose arguments to buy a property are: “The kitchen looks good“, ” The pool is amazing“. Good investment properties can be backed up by good numbers and market analytics that show the future trends and historical stats of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Selecting an agent who is in it for the quick money and not for a long term business goal which is based on good referrals and longevity.
- Selecting an agent who doesn’t know the future developments in a certain area.
- Selecting a selling agent who won’t work for his listing and won’t invest his own time or money.
- HINTS: Cell phone pictures for listings, never picking up the phone and not showing the property in the weekends are all severe signs you should change your realtor
How to select your Phoenix buyer’s agent
First of all, the mere fact that you even picked a buyer’s agent already makes you a star! There are many buyers who decide to do it all on their own and they often get misled into bad investments. In Phoenix, using a buyer’s agent is FREE for the buyer! Yes, such a thing exists! The selling party will pay the commission to both agents and its statistically proven that you wont get a discount by not using one, so take advantage!!
Would you take stock advice from someone who just got an e-trader account and started trading stocks for the first time?
Do they have access to stocks? YES! But, are they equipped to make you money? NO!
Why? Because they don’t have enough experience and market information to read the market properly.
The same goes for the Phoenix Real Estate Market.
Why do our clients think Shannon Ioli Scarlett is the best realtor in Phoenix?